Drivers must be 21 to rent a car in Grand Cayman, but some agencies will not rent to those under 25.
A temporary driving license can be obtained for $7.50 from the rental agency on production of a valid license from your home country.
|Economy Car Rental||345-949-9550|
|Cayman Auto Rentals||
|Coconut Car Rentals||
- Vehicles drive on the left-hand side of the road. Forgetting this crucial fact could shorten your holiday considerably. Even more confusing is the fact that most vehicles are right-hand drive.
- One-way streets are common in George Town.
- Seven Mile Beach is busy with traffic, particularly during the morning rush hour. There are also many pedestrians crossing the road, most of who are American and are consequently not expecting traffic approaching from the right.
- Seat belts are mandatory.
- Roundabouts are common. Give way to traffic approaching from the right and travel clockwise around them.
- Turning left on red lights is permitted.