Visitors to the Cayman Islands
In a nutshell tourists may bring in duty-free:
- Any items intended for personal use throughout the duration of their stay.
- 1 litre of spirits OR 4 litres of wine OR 1 case of beer (not exceeding 8 litres).
- 200 cigarettes OR 25 cigars OR 250 grams of tobacco.
Prohibited items include:
- Illegal drugs (including marijuana)
- Spear guns
- Live plants and cuttings, raw fruits and vegetables.
Visitors are allowed to bring meat provided its value is not greater than US $35. Meats imported from the US must have the USDA seal of approval, be in its original packaging and be inspected by a representative of the Cayman Islands Government Department of Agriculture (found in the Customs area of the airport).
Returning residents are allowed to bring in CI $350 of goods duty-free. Duty is never applied to books and cameras.