Grand Cayman is widely recognised as one of the top diving destinations in the world. Since Bob Soto opened the Caribbean’s first recreational dive school on Grand Cayman in 1957 millions of divers have flocked to the island. They are attracted by:
- A huge selection of dive operations.
- Some of the best diving sites in the world.
- Accessibility. Many dives are close to shore and in shallow water.
- Varied and approachable marine life.
- Excellent visibility of up to 150 feet.
- Good medical facilities. The George Town Hospital has a two-man decompression chamber available 24 hours a day.